Monday, August 06, 2007

Benign, such a nice word

I went for my post surgery check up today and Dr. said all the junk they took out was benign. But, she said as long as the drain was still draining we should not take it off. If she took it off now, I would probably develope another cyst from this fluid. I guess I can handle the drain with the other good news. I bought a fanny pack for the drain bag and I am going to wear it tomorrow. I will probably have to show what is in the fanny pack at the secruity gate. Maybe after a time or two, they will not want to see it again. I go back next Monday and if the fluid is 10 cc's a day or less, maybe the drain can go.

6 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I remember so well when they said they were sure Erin's tumor was benign...then the Dr. saying after the surgery 'will have to wait and see' and I think he already knew it was not benign...but she is still with us. I have had many blessing in my life. I can not complain of my hardships...just seeing Erin grow up and get married and become an adult has been a full bucket of blessing
for me!

Cheryl said...

That is good news. Maybe one more week is all it will take. I have been thinking of you and wondering how you was doing.

Anonymous said...

It is a good word Sister...and we are all so happy about it...helen

Unknown said...

I am so thrilled with your good news - you have been in my prayers and on my church's prayer list. I will be so happy to share your great news on Sunday. I wonder if that same lady that ask about the dress will ask about the fanny pack - if so, just show her the drainage!

Sister--Helen said...

You know it is your little sisters b-day and you're not that sickthat you can't post anymore!

Linda@VS said...

Fleta, I didn't realize until today (8/27) that you'd been sick, so I'm glad to read that you've had good news. This may be the most creative use of a fanny pack I've ever seen. Stay well.