Friday, April 13, 2007

Leaky Spring



This is what our hills look like to night. A couple of weeks ago we had a beautiful Spring going with temperatures in the 60's and 70's and everything blooming. Then this last week we had several nights with below freezing temperatures and 2 nights with a hard freeze. Today was rainy and cool. Then tonight we got some hail and a lot of steady, cold, winter like rain. I guess we are in for another week of below normal temperatures.

This will be the second year in a row that Aday Fields have been wiped out in the spring. Last year on April 24th we got a terrible hail storm that knocked all the blooms off the fruit trees and ruined many of the flowers. This year the freeze got to the fruit tree blooms. I am going to miss the mocking birds getting drunk on the wild cherries that ferment on the limb for the second year.

I am already tired of this Leaky Spring.

2 comments:

patsy said...

me too. i have the floor furnerce on. to cold to take a bath.

Galla Creek said...

I bought a small heater for my bathroom as I want it steamy when I take a bath and I was to water extra hot.

I think you will get your wish soon and we will have a week of spring and then it will be hot and we will have an early summer.

Larry went over to the garden and came home saying...the freeze killed the burmuda grass...it is all black. I know about all those little roots and I bet they are not dead!

I have ordered sweet potatoes from Tennessee and they should be here soon. I want it to warm up so I cna plant them. I have not planted tomatoes. I was tempted that warm week but did not.
Sis 3