Sunday, March 11, 2007

Nothing to see or do in Beatrice




The kids said there was nothing to see or do in Beatrice, Nebraska. They have different interests than I do. By reading the local paper, which btw is something I like to do where ever we visit, I found that 4 miles from Beatrice is the site of The National Homestead Momument of America



This is the site where a man named Freeman (appropreiate name?) filed one of the first homestead claims on the 1862 Homestead Act. They have a 1862 log cabin and lots of old farm equipment. Plus over 100 acres of land. If we come back in the summer, I am going to go see the prairie in bloom.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is a neat photo ...
is it a double exposure?
Sis 3

Anonymous said...

I was trying to take a picture of the inside of the cabin through the window. I liked the way it came out.

m,e