Saturday, January 13, 2007

Dreary, wet, rainy, January Day



But at least it is not freezing (yet). It is 38 degrees with a steady drizzle. Tomorrow may bring ice or snow.

Just 100 miles to the north of us, they are in the middle of a terrible ice storm. Rain or snow is always better than ice.

I am hoping this is the last winter storm, and after this we will have spring. Hope, hope.

Helen is cleaning today, Patsy is dreaming of spring chickens, Betty is ??? and I am getting the wash all done. And, looking for something interesting to read while ignoring the things that need to be cleaned and organized all around me. At least we will have clean clothes if we get ice like our neighbors to the north and our elect goes off.

6 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Fleet, I make chicken soup, washed adn washed clothes. Did not clean the floor or sweet...why it is too nasty.

I have worked on the crossword. Helped a youngster with an essay...she is trying to get into honors college and has to write about an issue. I told her about the Ben Franklin quote and encouraged who to write about my neighbor is in Japan, China, Mexico and not joining my yard. Got the idea from your essay long ago. She wrote one and sent it to school about keeping all the mexicans out of the US. I told her I did not think she would get into honors college if there was one spanish on the panel. teehee. She is a German boor from Pennsylvania.

I am having a great day. All alone. No company. No one here but me. Great day. Rain and drear, but Winnie says she has sleet, sleet, sleet.

I am the 'lucky one' right?

Galla Creek said...

that should say sweep. I did not clean the refrig either.

patsy said...

janet washed her cloths. she said power might go out nothing but rain so far.

Sister--Helen said...

well Fleta when you asid you were ignoring I glanced at that and thought it said ironing...I knew I was wrong and took a seccond glance...

Sister--Helen said...

Oh this looks so cold I am going to turn the heat up in my house.. It looks like good weather for you to put on a pot of beans...

Sister--Fleta said...

No, Helen, I am still not ironing. I am playing with blogs, headers, footers and fun stuff. Later I have to iron, cause I have to make people at work funny T-Shirts with Clayton's picture giving everyone the finger for them all to wear next Friday. I have made about 25 so far and have at least 4 or 5 more to make.