Sunday, June 11, 2006

Grandpa & Grandma Powell



This is my father's parents, Robert Melton Powell and Gerturde Lee Maples. The photo was taken not long after they were married, perhaps on the day they were married. I believe the house is the first house they lived in after marriage.

For family members with an interest in our history, I have a Powell family research website here:

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~powell/powell

Here I have placed a link to some family photos and to some family letters written in 1925. Enjoy, Fleta

6 comments:

patsy said...

got the letters down loaded

Sister--Helen said...

I did not know you had the letters scanned.

Sister--Helen said...

Boy don't you know that was hard to heat.

Sister--Fleta said...

Somehow, I think I remember they shared this house with another couple, but maybe I misremember. I know when Mom and Dad married they shared with Truman and Francis. Sometimes I remember things that did not happen. I still have the wonderful memories, true or false.

Galla Creek said...

Me too, but I do not remember anything about this house.

I have scanned in one letter.
Hope to do more and load them
to the erin site.

Linda@VS said...

I loved seeing the old house and the old-fashioned clothing. Thanks for the little trip into the past.