Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Recycling



These are three pieces of material I have found at 3 different junk stores. I was looking for material to cover the seats on the chairs that came with my table. I don't think there is enough of either the gold or maroon to cover 5 chairs. I thought I might make 4 of them maroon and then use the gold on the 5th chair that also has an uphostered back. Today, I got this cream colored material and I think I will just use it instead. It is enough for al l5 chairs and it will go with anything and everything. Altogether, I think I have about $7 in this material. Now I need a project for the maroon and gold. I want a window seat, but I doubt I can get George to make one. I am thinking if I find the right coffee table in the right demensions, I can just cover it and call it a window seat.




I got this chopper for 50 cents. I think it is just like Helen's, but I cannot figure out what the extra pieces are. I haven't tried it yet, but I can tell it would be easy to clean and it is easy to put together. I am going to go buy some cilantro and try to make Helen's salsa.




I got this lamp for $1.50. It was a NYOP sale at the doggie thrift store. Well, I really did not mean to NMOP. They were having a half price sale. The lamp was $5 and the shade was $1. They had a different shade on this lamp, with this shade priced by itself, but I know this shade was at one time on this lamp. Some out of tune person put the wrong shade on the lamp when they displayed it. The clerk could not find the price on the lamp and I said it is $3. But, then, she took half off of the $3. The lamp has a blue cast on my computer screen, but it is really a light shade of green. It looks like it was meant to be right here, NYOP or not.





This is tomato stuff that brother made for me from the tomatoes I gave him. I was not here when he delivered this, but I think it is salsa. This is enough salsa to last me all year.

I counted and I have 24 tomato plants. I will have plenty more tomatoes to share. I have tomatoes and gravy almost every day. Did you know that plain ole hamburgers taste so much better with a thick slice of vine ripened tomato?

3 comments:

patsy said...

I sort of remember tomatoes and making gravy taste better.

Galla Creek said...

I love tomatoes and thick white gravy.

I think you should make each chair a different color. It would look neat.

Love the chopper and lamp.

Sister--Helen said...

I did not see a metal blade for the chopper I hope you got one...the paddle thing is to whip egg whites or whip cream....I have no idea on the red part.....Maroon and gold chairs would be stupid....now if you were really crazy about those colors make a sq of each and then slice them on the dignal and sew each half to the opposite color so each chair would be gold and maroon sliced on the dignal only.....but that is still stupid...the gold fabric has no maroon in it or vise versa...so unless you had a table cloth with maybe the same color of gold and maroon colors tieing it together it will look dumb....besides both of those colors are ugly....period....Fleta some times you are just 'out there'....use the lt tan it will go with almost anything....