Saturday, August 03, 2013

Rainy Saturday...

Yes, I took boy shopping yesterday.  No, I will not do that again.  I knew boy was not a clothes shopper, but I was not sure what size jeans would fit him since he has gotten so fat.  He wore a size 7 regular Wranglers.  So, if I want to shop for him again, I will leave him with the boys and just take Hannah.  I can just measure other brands against the Wranglers I know fit.  We got several new T shirts for him.  He was not into the clothes thing at all.

We went to Mickey Dees for lunch.  Rob ate all his lunch, half of Hannah's burger and half of my fries plus the apple slices from both Happy Meals.  I need to start buying him regular meals instead of kids meals, but he still really likes getting the toy.

It is raining again and has been only in the 80's for the last few days.  Patsy says it is fall.  Some of my tomato plants are falling over because they are top heavy and probably have shallow roots from all the wet weather.  I have more tomatoes than I know what to do with.

Today, the kids are supposed to go to the theater and see Smurfs 2.  I plan on going through their clothes while they are gone and sorting play clothes from school clothes.  They both have lots of nice clothes because someone bought them new school clothes in April.

We are getting 6 to 9 eggs a day now.  The chickens go in their hen house each night and so far we have remembered to lock them and and the critters our each night, but last night it was 10 when I remembered.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Hannah size 6 and size 13 shoes. Writing it here so I can go back here and look when I forget. Notice I as when and not if. Laura said one pair of the toms shoes are a 1 but I think Hannah might wear them later.

It gets hot here but it takes longer to get hot. I heard the weather man say that would be the case because of it getting closer to fall so I guess Patsy is correct again.

No one would want to shop today with the no sales tax thing is my idea.

I have a fence by my tomatoes and have them tied. I am going to make juice when I get a lot and don't know what to do with them. But George would not drink the juice so no need for you to do that. Larry loves vegetables. He even loves cold okra. He says 'i can make a sandwich out of it don't throw it out'. I think it is like us with the tomato sandwich or the tomatoes and white gravy or corn bread and milk. All of it goes back to our childhood.

I remember Momma running out of butane and cooking outside on a camp fire. It was sort of over about 20 feet from the back porch. She would put potatoes in the ashes and cook them until she could stick a fork in them. Do you remember that. i don't recall what else she cook but those potatoes were so good. I can almost taste them today.

I remember going by and staying with Patsy at the Orrell place when Daddy was going to work or town. She picked peaches and cooked them and oh, they were so good.

When you are hungry you eat more...Robert may take after me and 'run to fat' as Patsy says. I do believe he remembers being hungry at times. I still do.

May God Bless you.

Galla Creek said...

I see you put the sizes on my blog. I will bring the stuff to Erin's Tuesday and it will be on her porch for pickup. Shoes are size one. So Hannah can't wear them for a while. Como overalls or coverall for Robert...I think size 8.